Feb. 26, 2005
BOCA RATON - Returning to action after a two-week layoff, the Florida Atlantic University men's tennis team fell 6-1 to UCF in Atlantic Sun Conference action Saturday morning. Senior F.J. Schofield picked up the only point for the Owls (2-5, 1-2 A-Sun) at No. 2 singles.
The Owls got off to a poor start in doubles play, dropping all three matches to their Golden Knights opponents. Schofield ensured that the Owls would not be shut out by easily defeating UCF's Simon Jaeger 6-2, 6-0. The Knights improve to 3-6, 1-0 A-Sun with the victory.
UCF 6, Florida Atlantic 1
1. Allen/Sierra (UCF) d. Magris/Pellman, 8-3
2. Jaeger/Rosen (UCF) d. Schofield/Bounassar, 8-4
3. Delgado/Gursoy (UCF) d. Obletz/Demers, 8-6
1. Ener Gursoy (UCF d. Antonello Magris, 6-7, 6-1, 10-4
2. F.J. Schofield (FAU) d. Simon Jaeger, 6-2, 6-0
3. Joel Allen (UCF) d. David Demers, 6-1, 6-3
4. Antonio Sierra (UCF d. J.P. Bounassar, 6-2, 6-4
5. Sebastian Delgado (UCF) d. Kevin Obletz, 6-3, 6-2
6. Paul Ramy (UCF) d. Mauricio Paiz, 6-1, 4-6, 10-7
Men's Tennis Opens C-USA Tournament Friday
Jimenez Named to Conference USA All-Academic Team
Remi Chancerel Named C-USA Tennis Athlete of...
Men's Tennis Falls 4-3 at No. 38 Georgia State
Thorsås and Chancerel Named FAU Players...
Men's Tennis Upends UAB, Improves to 17-5
Men's Tennis Tops Lipscomb on Senior Day