Feb. 26, 2005
BOCA RATON - Returning to action after a two-week layoff, the Florida Atlantic University men's tennis team fell 6-1 to UCF in Atlantic Sun Conference action Saturday morning. Senior F.J. Schofield picked up the only point for the Owls (2-5, 1-2 A-Sun) at No. 2 singles.
The Owls got off to a poor start in doubles play, dropping all three matches to their Golden Knights opponents. Schofield ensured that the Owls would not be shut out by easily defeating UCF's Simon Jaeger 6-2, 6-0. The Knights improve to 3-6, 1-0 A-Sun with the victory.
UCF 6, Florida Atlantic 1
1. Allen/Sierra (UCF) d. Magris/Pellman, 8-3
2. Jaeger/Rosen (UCF) d. Schofield/Bounassar, 8-4
3. Delgado/Gursoy (UCF) d. Obletz/Demers, 8-6
1. Ener Gursoy (UCF d. Antonello Magris, 6-7, 6-1, 10-4
2. F.J. Schofield (FAU) d. Simon Jaeger, 6-2, 6-0
3. Joel Allen (UCF) d. David Demers, 6-1, 6-3
4. Antonio Sierra (UCF d. J.P. Bounassar, 6-2, 6-4
5. Sebastian Delgado (UCF) d. Kevin Obletz, 6-3, 6-2
6. Paul Ramy (UCF) d. Mauricio Paiz, 6-1, 4-6, 10-7
Sell and Schohn Recognized as FAU Players of...
Schohn Shines, Leads FAU at Bedford Cup
Men's Tennis Opens Fall at Seahawk Invitational
FAU Athletics to Begin Construction on Varsity ...
Remi Chancerel Earned C-USA’s Second Team...
Men’s Tennis Downed 4-1 by ODU at C-USA...
Tennis Duo Honored for Academic Success