Feb. 15, 2003
BOCA RATON, FL - Florida Atlantic University never trailed after winning the doubles point, and went on to defeat FAMU, 5-2, Saturday afternoon. Kevin Obletz helped even no. 62 FAU's record at 4-4 by winning his fourth consecutive singles match.
Obletz defeated LaVaughn Munroe, 7-5, 6-2, at no. 3, and has not lost as match since February 1.
FAU will host Barry at 3:00 on February 26.
1. David Demers (FAU) def. Davin Russell (FAMU) 6-2, 6-3.
2. Pfungwa Mahefu (FAMU) def. Cristian Paiz (FAU) 7-6, 6-3.
3. Kevin Obletz (FAU) def. LaVaughn Munroe (FAMU) 7-5, 6-2.
4. Noel Wadawu (FAMU) def. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 6-3, 7-6.
5. Jeremy Perez (FAU) def. Zurg Zhvania (FAMU) 6-4, 7-5.
6. Juan Todero (FAU) def. Kamau Murry (FAMU) 6-2, 7-5, 6-0.
1. Paiz/Oscar Plotnik (FAU) def. Mahefu/Wadawu (FAMU) 8-2.
2. Demers/Schofield (FAU) def. Murray/Russell (FAMU) 8-2.
3. Munroe/Zhuania (FAMU) def. Thiago Cunha/Roman Kowalski (FAU) 8-2.
Sell and Schohn Recognized as FAU Players of...
Schohn Shines, Leads FAU at Bedford Cup
Men's Tennis Opens Fall at Seahawk Invitational
FAU Athletics to Begin Construction on Varsity ...
Remi Chancerel Earned C-USA’s Second Team...
Men’s Tennis Downed 4-1 by ODU at C-USA...
Tennis Duo Honored for Academic Success