Feb. 11, 2004
Coral Gables, FL - F.J. Schofield continued his winning ways by snatching a singles victory, but Florida Atlantic University wasn't as fortunate, falling, 6-1, against no. 34 Miami in Coral Gables, Wednesday afternoon. Schofield defeated Shauny Hoyes at no. 2, 0-6, 6-4, (8). The singles victory gives Schofield four on the season compared to just one loss.
With the loss, FAU falls to 2-3 on the year, while Miami improves to 3-0.
In doubles, FAU dropped the point but was able to steal a match. Gianfranco Dossena and Kevin Obletz combined for their second win as a pair in as many days. The combo won at no. 2, defeating Jeremiah Fuller and P.J. Passalacqua.
The Owls will host Florida A&M 11:00 am, February 15.
1. Josh Cohen (UM) def. David Demers (FAU) 6-2, 6-3.
2. F.J. Schofield (FAU) def. Shauny Hoyes (UM) 0-6, 6-4,(8).
3. Eric Hechtman (UM) def. Daniel McCauley (UM) 6-1, 6-2.
4. Tim Krebs (UM) def. Juan Todero (FAU) 6-2, 5-7, (4).
5. Colin Purcell (UM) def. Gianfranco Dossena (UM) 6-0, 6-1.
6. Jeremiah Fuller (UM) def. Mauricio Paiz (FAU) 6-3, 6-2.
1. Krebs/Purcell (UM) def. Demers/Schofield 8-6.
2. Dossena/Kevin Obletz (FAU) def. Fuller/P.J. Passalacqua 6-6 (ret).
3. Hechtman/Hoyes (UM) def. Paiz/Todero (FAU) 8-0.
Men's Tennis Falls 4-3 at No. 38 Georgia State
Thorsås and Chancerel Named FAU Players...
Men's Tennis Upends UAB, Improves to 17-5
Men's Tennis Tops Lipscomb on Senior Day
Chancerel Named C-USA Tennis Athlete of the Week
Rickey and Chancerel Snag FAU Player of the...
Men's Tennis Sees Streak Snapped at Six