Feb. 10, 2004
Miami Shores, FL - Florida Atlantic University fell to Barry University, 5-2, Tuesday afternoon in Miami, FL. Mauricio Paiz was the only Owl to record a singles victory against the Buccaneers, winning, 6-1, 6-2, at no. 6. FAU falls to 2-2 on the season while Barry, ranked no. 5 in Division II, starts off 1-0.
An encouraging sight for the Owls was Kevin Obletz playing at the no. 3 position in doubles. The sophomore has missed the past two matches due to injury, but returned to combine with Gianfranco Dossena for a doubles win. The pair won by a score of 9-8 against Sebastian Losavio and Alex Praderas.
Paiz defeated Filip Norrman in his match.
Two matches were left unfinished.
The Owls next take on no. 34 Miami in Coral Gables, FL, 12:00 noon, February 11.
1. David Demers (FAU) vs. Thomas Hipp (BU) unfinished.
2. Sebastian Losavio (BU) def. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 6-4, 6-2.
3. Gerold Wiring (BU) def. Daniel McCauley (FAU) 6-1, 6-3.
4. Victor Rodriquez (BU) def. Juan Todero (FAU) 6-1, 6-1.
5. Gianfranco Dossena (FAU) vs. Dirk Bennighaus (BU) unfinished.
6. Mauricio Paiz (FAU) def. Filip Norrman (BU) 6-1, 6-2.
1. Norrman/Wiring (BU) def. Demers/Schofield (FAU) 8-5.
2. Bennighaus/Hipp (BU) def. McCauley/Paiz (FAU) 8-2.
3. Dossena/Obletz (FAU) def. Lasavio/Praderas (BU) 9-8.
Sell and Schohn Recognized as FAU Players of...
Schohn Shines, Leads FAU at Bedford Cup
Men's Tennis Opens Fall at Seahawk Invitational
FAU Athletics to Begin Construction on Varsity ...
Remi Chancerel Earned C-USA’s Second Team...
Men’s Tennis Downed 4-1 by ODU at C-USA...
Tennis Duo Honored for Academic Success