Jeremy Perez won in singles 6-0, 6-0
Feb. 6, 2003
BOCA RATON - No. 64 Florida Atlantic University evened its record at 3-3 by defeating Embry-Riddle 6-1 on Thursday afternoon. Jeremy Perez was the first Owl to record a singles victory when he blanked Nicholas Jordan 6-0, 6-0.
Four other Owls, including three freshmen, gained a singles victory as FAU went on to win the match 6-1. Freshman David Demers earned his first win at the no. 1 position by beating Costin Corneanu 6-2, 6-2. Fellow freshmen Kevin Obletz and Oscar Plotnik also got wins at no. 3 and no. 5 respectively.
Rounding out the singles wins for FAU was F.J. Schofield. Schofield defeated Dustin Sipka 7-5, 6-0.
FAU won the doubles point as well. The combination of Cristian Paiz and Plotnik earned a victory at no. 1, while Demers and Schofield scored a win at no. 2. The win for Paiz and Plotnik makes number four for the spring.
FAU plays next on February 11, at Lynn University.
1. David Demers (FAU) def. Costin Corneanu (ERU) 6-2, 6-2.
2. Nicolas Bousquet (ERU) def. Cristian Paiz (FAU) 7-6, 4-6, 10-4.
3. Kevin Obletz (FAU) def. Dustin Sipka (ERU) 6-2, 6-4.
4. F.J. Schofield (FAU) def. Even Specht (ERU) 7-5, 6-0.
5. Oscar Plotnik (FAU) def. Beaux (ERU) 6-4, 6-3.
6. Jeremy Perez (FAU) def. Nicholas Jordan (ERU) 6-0, 6-0.
1. Paiz/Plotnik (FAU) def. Corneanu/Sipka (ERU) 8-5.
2. Demers/Schofield (FAU) def. Specht/Beaux (ERU) 8-2.
3. Bousquet/Jordan (ERU) def. Ernest Diaz/Perez (FAU).