Feb. 2, 2003
Atlanta, GA- Florida Atlantic University evened its league record at 1-1 on Sunday afternoon by defeating Mercer 4-3. Oscar Plotnik sealed the victory for the Owls as they improved to 2-3 overall.
Freshman Kevin Obletz was the first Owl to earn a point when he defeated Felipe Echeverri 6-2, 6-3 at the no. 1 position. The win evened the match at 1-1 as Mercer earned the first point by winning two of three doubles matches.
With no. 60 FAU leading 3-1, Oscar Plotnik assured the Owls of the victory when he defeated Nima Akhavein at no. 6, 6-0, 2-6, 6-0.
In doubles, the combination of Schofield and David Demers downed R. Echeverri and Patel 8-5.
FAU will next host Embry-Riddle February 6, at 2:00.
1. Kevin Obletz (FAU) def. Felipe Echeverri (MU) 6-2, 6-3.
2. Michael Witting (MU) def. David Demers (FAU) 6-2, 4-2 (ret.).
3. F.J. Schofield (FAU) def. Richardo Echeverri (MU) 6-2, 6-3.
4. Cristian Paiz (FAU) def. Subash Patel (MU) 6-3, 6-4.
5. Arya Vafaei (MU) def. Ernest Diaz (FAU) 6-4, 4-6, 10-7.
6. Oscar Plotnik (FAU) def. Nima Akhavein (MU) 6-0, 2-6, 6-0.
1. Akhavein/Witting (MU) def. Paiz/Plotnik (FAU) 8-5.
2. F. Echeverri/Vafaei (MU) def. Obletz/Perez (FAU) 8-2.
3. Demers/Schofield (FAU) def. R. Echeverri/Patel (MU) 8-5.
Sell and Schohn Recognized as FAU Players of...
Schohn Shines, Leads FAU at Bedford Cup
Men's Tennis Opens Fall at Seahawk Invitational
FAU Athletics to Begin Construction on Varsity ...
Remi Chancerel Earned C-USA’s Second Team...
Men’s Tennis Downed 4-1 by ODU at C-USA...
Tennis Duo Honored for Academic Success