Cristian Piaz teamed with David Demers for a win in doubles.
Jan. 30, 2003
Coral Gables- Florida Atlantic University, currently ranked 60th in the nation was humbled Friday evening by the 42nd ranked Miami Hurricanes. The Owls lost 7-0 in Coral Gables. However, the combination of Cristian Piaz and Oscar Plotnik did register a doubles victory for FAU.
Piaz and Plotnik defeated Miami's Andrew Golub and Tim Krebs 8-6 at the no. 2 doubles position.
1. Todd Widom (UM) def. David Demers (FAU) 6-3, 6-3.
2. Andrew Golub (UM) def. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 6-2, 6-2.
3. Tim Krebs (UM) def. Cristian Paiz (FAU) 6-3, 6-2.
4. Colin Purcell (UM) def. F.J. Schofield (FAU) 2-6, 6-4, 6-3.
5. Eric Hechtman (UM) def. Oscar Plotnik (FAU) 6-2, 6-4.
6. Shauny Hoyes (UM) def. Jeremy Perez (FAU) 6-2, 6-4.
1. Manrique/Percell (UM) def. Perez/Diaz (FAU) 8-2.
2. Paiz/Plotnik (FAU) def. Golub/Krebs (UM) 8-6.
3. Widom/Hechtman (UM) def. Schofield/Demers (FAU) 8-3.