F.J. Schofield: teamed with Kevin Obletz to win lone Owls point
Jan. 29, 2005
WEST PALM BEACH - The Florida Atlantic University men's tennis team traveled to West Palm Beach on Saturday and ended up on the wrong side of an upset by NAIA opponents Northwood, 5-1. The Seahawks (1-0) won two of the three doubles points available in the NAIA scoring system before taking the first three singles matches to close out the contest.
Northwood 5, Florida Atlantic 1
1. Richie Brown/Anitole Vincent (NU) d. Antonello Magris/Mauricio Paiz, 8-3
2. F.J. Schofield/Kevin Obletz (FAU) d. Fabricio Correa/Fabio Minozi, 8-5
3. Pierre Oliver Tieussel/Jean-Cristof Leduc-Deschamps (NU) d. Eugenio Pellman/J.P. Bounassar 8-3.
1. Magris (FAU) vs. Brown (NU), DNF
2. Schofield (FAU) vs. Vincent (NU), DNF
3. Leduc-Deschamps (NU) d. Obletz, 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 retired
4. Bounassar (FAU) vs. Fabio Minozi, DNF
5. Correa (NU) d. Paiz, 7-6, 6-0
6. Tieussel (NU) d. Pellman, 4-6, 6-0, 6-3
Florida Atlantic Men's Tennis Falls to No. 67...
Florida Atlantic Men's Tennis Beats Nebraska-Om...
FAU Owls 360
FAU Men's Tennis Beats Fairleigh Dickinson 6-1
Florida Atlantic Men's Tennis Beats Boston ...
Florida Atlantic Men's Tennis Sweeps Two...
Florida Atlantic Men's Tennis Falls to No. 68 ODU