TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The Florida Atlantic University men’s tennis team split on Sunday with a win over Florida A&M and a loss to Mercer at the Florida State Spring Invitational.
- The Owls swept FAMU 4-0 in singles play alone, as Thomas Bugeaud started the day off with a 6-0, 6-0 win over Rodney Sturgis
- Gabriel Sidney followed suit with a 6-4, 6-4 win against Jermain Le Grand in No. 5 singles
- Remi Chancerel won his first match of the spring 6-3, 6-1 over Fedrico Nani in the No. 1 position
- Jason Legall sealed the match with a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Samer Hema Hasona as FAU won its first spring match
- In the second meeting, Mercer swept 4-0 as Chancerel, Legall, Ignacio Garcia and Anthony Schohn were tagged with losses in singles play.
The Owls will travel to West Point, N.Y. to take part in the Army Invitational Jan. 20-21