BOCA RATON, Fla. – (Oct. 31, 2017) – The Florida Atlantic University men’s soccer team suffered a 3-0 loss to FGCU in its final non-conference match of the season on Tuesday.
- FGCU out-shot the Owls 15-9 while FAU goalkeeper Luis Aranzazu made six saves on the evening
- Dylan Huber, Carlos Sanchis and Landon Lupo each took multiple shots while Christian Williams recorded a shot on goal
- In the 14th minute, FGCU’s Dennis Zapata scored on a rebound after Aranzazu blocked the first shot attempt
- The Eagles extended the lead in the 18th minute when Tom Denat scored on an assist by Jiro Barriga Toyama
- Aranzazu made three saves in the final two minutes of the first half to keep the score 2-0
- FAU took six shots in the second half, but the Eagles struck again in the 87th minute on a goal by Adam Shak to seal the contest
FAU hosts Marshall on Saturday, Nov. 4 for Senior Day. The Owls will honor their seniors in a pre-game ceremony before batlling for a chance to advance to the Conference USA Tournament.