ORLANDO, Fla. – (Oct. 24, 2017) – The Florida Atlantic University men’s soccer team dropped its final road match of the season 3-0 at UCF on Tuesday night.
- FAU goalkeeper Julian Murillo Toro suffered the loss, allowing three first-half goals while making three saves
- Luis Aranzazu replaced Murillo Toro for the second half, making three saves and shutting out the Kights after the intermission
- UCF (5-5-2) struck in the 14th minute as Cal Jennings scored on an assist by Zackary Waitman
- The Knights doubled the lead 33 seconds later when Matias Pyysalo scored, assisted by Jennings
- In the 26th minute, UCF’s Yoni Sorokin found the back of the net after a pass from Jesus Colombo to make it 3-0
- The FAU defense was able to hold off the Knights for the remainder of the game, but the Owls were unable to score
- FAU was held to just five shots by five different players with Immanuel Sierck and Landon Lupo placing shots on goal
The Owls return home for their final two regular-season matches, hosting FGCU on Tuesday, Oct. 31 and Marshall on Saturday, Nov. 4. For tickets, call 1-866-FAU-OWLS or visit FAUSports.com.