BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – The Florida Atlantic University men’s soccer team suffered a 2-0 loss to UAB in Conference USA play on Saturday in Birmingham.
- Aaron Laranetto lead the Owls with four shots on the evening, as both teams took 13 shots.
- The Blazers took the lead early as Mathieu Laurent scored on a cross from David Valverde in the second minute of the contest
- UAB struck again in the 65th minute when Tarnue Tyler scored off of a deflection from FAU keeper Julian Murillo Toro
- Murillo Toro made four saves on the night while Dylan Huber, Ferdinand Solberg, Carlos Sanchis and Landon Lupo each took multiple shots for the Owls
- The Owls will now have to win their final C-USA match for a shot at qualifying for the C-USA Tournament
FAU takes on non-conference for UCF in Orlando on Tuesday, Oct. 24 before returning home to finish the regular season against FGCU and Marshall.