BOCA RATON, Fla. – Felix Halle Smith scored the Florida Atlantic University men’s soccer team’s lone goal in a 3-1 loss to Charlotte on Saturday at the FAU Soccer Stadium, his second goal of the year. The Owls remain in seventh place in the Conference USA standings with two C-USA matches remaining on the schedule.
• Julian Murillo Toro got his first start for FAU in goal, making three saves on the night.
• Charlotte’s Daniel Bruce opened the scoring in the 32nd minute on a low shot after an assist from Joe Brito
• The 49ers tacked on to the advantage in the 44th minute as Teddy Chaouche scored on a free kick
• Halle Smith netted his second goal of the season on a header of a corner kick from Alvaro Rodriguez in the 54th minute to cut the lead in half
• Charlotte’s Ryan Spaulding tacked on the final goal in the 68th minute off of a rebound to ice the game for the road team.
FAU goes on the road to take on Stetson for the start of a three-game road trip. The Owls will return home for a non-conference battle against FGCU on Oct. 31 before wrapping up the regular season at home on Nov. 4 against Marshall.