LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The Florida Atlantic University men’s soccer team suffered a 5-0 loss against its highest-ranked for of the season at No. 5 Louisville on Tuesday.
• The Owls (1-9, 1-4) were held to three shots while Louisville (9-1-2) fired off 17 shots
• Luis Aranzazu was tagged with the loss after making six saves on the night
• Dylan Huber and Alvaro Rodriguez each placed shots on goal for the Owls
• The Cardinals got on the board early as Mohamed Thiaw converted a penalty kick at the 9:30 mark
• In the 16th minute, Tim Kubel scored off a cross by Walker Andriot to double the advantage
• Ten minutes later, Tate Schmitt scored his sixth goal of the year with an assist by Kubel to make it 3-0 before the intermission
• Thiaw scored a penalty kick in the 51st minute before earning a hat trick in the 57th minute on a goal assited by Andrien Cabon
The Owls return home to host Charlotte in Conference USA action on Saturday, Oct. 14. FAU currently sits in seventh place in C-USA and is battling for position for seeding in the Championship tournament.