BOCA RATON, Fla. – Senior Oscar Salas scored his first career goal in Florida Atlantic University’s 4-1 loss to rival FIU on Saturday at the FAU Soccer Stadium.
• FIU (5-0-3, 2-0-1 C-USA) outshot the Owls (1-6, 1-3 C-USA) 13-9 but the Owls unleashed eight shots in the second half.
• FAU’s Daniel Ragoo made three saves in goal, bringing his season total to 18
• FIU’s Santiago Patino opened the contest with his eighth goal of the year in the 10th minute
• A penalty kick in the 60th minute doubled the lead as FIU’s Paul Marie converted
• Just 27 seconds later, Patino struck again on a goal assisted by Marie
• FIU’s rally closed out in the 72nd minute as Alvaro Alvarez scored off of a rebound
• In the 80th minute, Salas took a high pass from Rafael Arcila and crossed up the keeper to score his first goal
FAU remains home to host Jacksonville in non-conference action Tuesday, Oct. 3 at 7 p.m. at the FAU Soccer Stadium. For tickets, call 1-866-FAU-OWLS or visit FAUSports.com.