LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Florida Atlantic University men’s soccer team couldn’t find an offensive spark in a 4-0 Conference USA loss at No. 15 Kentucky on Sunday.
• With the loss, the Owls fall to 1-2 in Conference USA and 1-5 overall. Kentucky moves to 6-1-2 and 3-0 in C-USA
• Carlos Sanchis paced FAU with three shots while Matthew McLennon took FAU’s lone shot on goal
• Luis Aranzazu made three saves in goal while suffering each of the four Wildcat goals.
• Kentucky’s JJ Williams scored his second goal of the season in the 32nd minute on assists by Tanner Hummel and Sam Stockton
• The FAU defense was able to keep it close until Kentucky unleashed late in the game, starting with a Landon Souder goal in the 65th minute off of a header
• The Wildcats scored again in the 75th minute on a goal from Noah Hutchins and ended the game with a Stefan Stojkovic goal with 89:59 on the clock
FAU returns home to host FIU on Saturday, Sept. 30 at 10 a.m. at the FAU Soccer Stadium. For tickets, call 1-866-FAU-OWLS or visit FAUSports.com.