Nov. 15, 2012
The Florida Atlantic University men's golf team will be conducting tryouts in January for all student-athletes interested in competing for a place on the team during the upcoming spring 2013 season.If you wish to compete for a slot on the team, know that the NCAA requires that only registered full-time FAU students may try out or walk on. Students must have a minimum of 12 credit hours to be considered full time. The tryouts will take place at Ocean Breeze Golf Course in Boca Raton. The dates are still to be determined.
All the following information must be completed and sent to Coach Sands by December 15.
Contact Info - Incoming and Returning players trying out must:
- Send your intent to try out or walk-on, including your eight-digit FAU Z#, to Coach Sands by email (email@example.com)
- Send updated hard copy resume to Coach Sands by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Print out and complete the following contact information form for self and parents/guardians on the following PDF:
Compliance - Incoming players trying out must:
Visit this NCAA website - www.eligibilitycenter.org - and fill out the proper information. Student-athletes, with the assistance of their high school guidance counselors, need to submit the following documents to the NCAA:
- Up-to-date/highest ACT/SAT scores
- Final high school transcript with proof of graduation date on the transcript
- Completed form entitled: Request Final Amateurism Certification. This will result in a 10 digit NCAA Eligibility Center number which you will e-mail to Coach Sands (email@example.com)
- Also, after you have the above, make sure to submit all test scores and make arrangements to have your final transcripts, including proof of graduation, sent to the NCAA Eligibility Center as soon as possible after graduation. The NCAA Eligibility Center strongly encourages high schools to send transcripts through one of the electronic transcript provider services. The NCAA Eligibility Center accepts electronic transcripts from the following providers:
- e-Scrip Safe
- National Transcript Center
Electronic transcripts from these providers are available for viewing within 24 hours.
Scheduling/OARS - The men's golf team has an OARS program for course registration. To meet the team's practice schedule, incoming players trying out must schedule your classes using the following guidelines:
- Schedule your classes M-T-W-T-F-S
- All AM classes will need be over by 1 p.m.
- All PM classes must not begin until 7 p.m.
- Email schedule, as soon as it is completed, to Coach Sands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete OARS & watch the registration video:
- Visit the OARS site - www.fau.edu/freshmanadvising/all_about_oars.php - to complete your course advising for the spring. You will not be able to register for courses until this is complete. Your courses should be reviewed and approved within 48 hours of submitting OARS. Please check your FAU email for the approved form.
Hospitalization and Physical Forms
Everyone must supply the following hospitalization forms. The forms must be totally complete and signed by a physician (MD or DO). Forms signed by chiropractors will not be accepted. These three forms must be mailed and will not be accepted electronically. Print and sign the following three PDFs:
- Primary Medical History Form (12 pages)
- Physical Exam Form (1 page)
- Sickle Cell Waiver Form (1 page)
Students need these return TWO transportation forms. Print and sign the following PDFs:
- Parent/Guardian Permission Form for FAU Golf Team Members Form (1 page)
- Alternative Travel Request & Release Form (1 page)
Apparel/Personal Appearance - The following two PDFs must also be printed out and signed:
Please mail all hospitalization/physical, transportation, apparel and personal appearance forms to:
Coach Angelo Sands
Men's Golf Coach, FAU
7348 E. Country Club Blvd.
Boca Raton FL 33487
All forms must be submitted to Coach Sands by Saturday, December 15. Good luck!
Albatross, Ace Highlight Owls’ Outing at ...
Friedman Leads Team as Owls Open Season
Men's Golf Hosts Match Play at Abacoa
Guidelines for Men's Golf 2016-17 Tryouts
Men's Golf Concludes the C-USA Championship
Men's Golf in 12th Place Heading into the Final...
Men's Golf Concludes First Round of C-USA...