Nov. 6, 2013
The Florida Atlantic University men's golf team will be conducting tryouts in January for all student-athletes interested in competing for a place on the team during the upcoming 2014 season.
If you wish to compete for a slot on the team, know that the NCAA requires that only registered full-time students may try out or walk on. Students must have a minimum of 12 credit hours to be considered full time.
The tryouts will take place at Ocean Breeze Golf Course in Boca Raton. The dates are Jan. TBA.
You must have contacted Coach Sands by email by Dec. 1 your intent to try out. This applies to all past, current and future golfers. If you have not done this you cannot try out in Jan.
All the following information must be completed and sent to Coach Sands by Dec. 1.
Contact Info – Incoming and Returning players trying out must:
- Send your intent to try out or walk-on, including your eight-digit FAU Z#, to Coach Sands by email (email@example.com)
- Send updated hard copy resume to Coach Sands by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Class Schedule
- NCAA Registration 10 Digit #
- Print out and complete the following contact information form for self and parents/guardians on the following PDF:
Contact Information Form (1page)
To tryout as a walk-on for spring, you must send Coach Sands your resume by Dec. 1, as instructed previously. Your resume will determine if you will be able to try out. Please include the following:
- Tournament scores over the last two years. Minimum of 15.
- Name, location and date of tournament
- Name and slope of course
- Your score and place and the total number of participants
What else will be considered?
- Do you know how to win.
- Do you know how to break 70.
Incoming players trying out must:
Visit this NCAA website – www.eligibilitycenter.org – and fill out the proper information. Student-athletes need to submit the following documents to the NCAA:
- Up-to-date/highest ACT/SAT scores
- Final high school transcript with proof of graduation date on the transcript
- Completed form entitled: Request Final Amateurism Certification. This will result in a 10 digit NCAA Eligibility Center registration number which you will e-mail to Coach Sands (email@example.com)
- Also, after you have the above, make sure to submit all test scores and make arrangements to have your final transcripts, including proof of graduation, sent to the NCAA Eligibility Center as soon as possible after graduation. The NCAA Eligibility Center strongly encourages high schools to send transcripts through one of the electronic transcript provider services. The NCAA Eligibility Center accepts electronic transcripts from the following providers:
- e-Scrip Safe
- National Transcript Center
Electronic transcripts from these providers are available for viewing within 24 hours.
Scheduling/OARS – The men’s golf team has an OARS program for course registration. To meet the team’s practice schedule, incoming players trying out must schedule your classes using the following guidelines:
- Schedule your classes M-T-W-T-F-S. Classes fill very fast so you need to do this ASAP
- All AM classes will need to be over by 1 p.m.
- All PM classes must not begin until 7 p.m.
- Email schedule, as soon as it is completed, to Coach Sands (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete OARS & watch the registration video:
- For freshman or transfers with 0-29 credits only, visit the OARS site – www.fau.edu/freshmanadvising/all_about_oars.php – to complete your course advising for the fall. You will not be able to register for courses until this is complete.
- For transfer students with 30 or more credits please access http://www.fau.edu/orientation/components/TransferInfo.php
- Your courses should be reviewed and approved within 48 hours of submitting OARS. Please check your FAU email for the approved form. If you are in the area you can make an in-person appointment if you would like. Courses are filling up quickly, so please do this ASAP!
Guidelines for Men's Golf 2016-17 Tryouts
Men's Golf Concludes the C-USA Championship
Men's Golf in 12th Place Heading into the Final...
Men's Golf Concludes First Round of C-USA...
FAU Competes with Four on Final Day of the ASU ...
Men's Golf Finishes Day One at the RedWolves...
Derron Peyton Claims Co-Golfer of the Week...