TEXARKANA, Ark. – The Florida Atlantic University men’s golf season came to a finale in the Conference USA Tournament on Monday after inclement weather forced round three to be played a day early. The Owls shot a 314 in the second round and 318 in the final round to finish 13th with a 939.
• Senior Caleb Sibley’s career ended as he led the FAU squad with a three-round 232 with a pair of 79s on Monday, finishing 39th overall. Sibley finished the tournament with the fifth most pars in the field, tallying 36 in total.
• Luke Campbell improved each round in his 80-79-77 236 to finish in 49th. Campbell tallied a pair of birdies in the final round.
• Chris Thomas also shot a pair of birdies in the third round en route to his 73-77-87 237 to finish 51st, one stroke behind Campbell.
• Ricky Hendler earned FAU’s only eagle of the tournament on Monday in his 80-79-81 240, tying for 57th.
• Brian Dolehide carded a pair of birdies in his final round to cap off an 83-84-81 248, finishing 64th.
• The tournament marked the final rounds with Head Coach Angelo Sands at the helm. Sands is retiring after 11 years with the program.