Nov. 21, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla. -
1. Kickoff is 3:05 p.m. Radio: ESPN 106.3.
2. Tailgate lots open at 11 a.m. (four hours prior to kickoff). General parking is $15. Click on Gameday Central for more information: http://www.fausports.com/gameday/index.html.
3. The weather forecast for Saturday is calling for a 30 percent chance of rain with a high temperature of 82 degrees. Winds will be out of the east-southeast at 10 mph.
4. It’s Military Appreciation Day. Active, reserve and retired military personnel can purchase tickets starting as low as $5 and there will be a complimentary pregame tailgate for military and their guests outside FAU Stadium beginning at 12:30 p.m. Military only need to show a form of military identification as well as their game ticket to enjoy the buffet provided by donations from our sponsors Chartwells, Double Eagle, Duffy’s, Hooters, Italio, Mississippi Sweets, Pepsi and Publix.
5. In conjunction with Military Appreciation Day, Americas Moms for Soldiers, a 501 (c) 3 Charity, will have a table near Gates 1 and 2 and will be asking people to sign a banner that will be mailed along with care packages to our troops. American Moms for Soldiers sends more than 1,000 care packages each month to our troops in Afghanistan, who do not receive mail from home. They are an all-volunteer staff that also raises money for military appreciation efforts.
6. The Palm Beach Twirlers will help us celebrate Military Appreciation day with a special halftime show. The Palm Beach Twirling Coalition consists of twirlers from three different baton twirling groups. The Twirlers range in age from five years old to 19 years old. These groups usually compete against each other at baton competitions but they enjoy joining together to promote baton twirling and perform at various venues. The FAU Marching Owls will follow with a special performance of their own which honors America and celebrates our military.
7. Corporate Village, located just west of Gate 1, begins at Noon (3 hours before kickoff). The area includes fun for all ages with inflatables for the kids, the Army ROTC Rockwall, glitteroo tattoos and the ESPN Street Team which gives fans the opportunity to play games, win prizes and register to win tickets for area events. There will be displays by Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, Ford and Hyundai/Acura. Fans will also be treated to a live broadcast of the ESPN pregame show.
8. The Owl Walk will be at 12:30 p.m. The Owl Walk is the chance for fans to greet the FAU Owls as they arrive to FAU stadium and enter the gates. The buses will park at the corner of FAU Blvd and N. University Drive. Join the FAU cheerleaders and band in welcoming the Owls!
9. Courtesy shuttles will run continuously from the two parking garages to the stadium beginning at 1 p.m. (two hours before kickoff) until 1 hour after the conclusion of the game. The shuttles will drop off at N. University Drive and FAU Blvd.
10. General Public gates open at 1:30 p.m. (90 minutes prior to kickoff) at which time in-stadium entertainment including music and videos begin. There will be chances to win prizes with contests and promotions throughout the game, especially for fans that follow FAU Athletics on Twitter @FAUOwlAthletics.
Garin Justice Named FAU Football's OL Coach
Azeez Al-Shaair Named to Second All-American List
Trio of Coley, LeBlanc and Schomp Highlight...
FAU's Student Athletes Post the Program's...
Greg Joseph One of 14 Honored by C-USA as a...
Senior Trevon Coley has Accepted Invitation to...
Linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair Named USA Today...