Oct. 8, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla -
1. Kickoff is 5:05 p.m. TV: Fox College Sports Radio: ESPN 106.3. Internet: fausports.com
2. Tailgate lots open at 1 p.m. (four hours prior to kickoff).
3. Corporate Village, located just west of Gate 1, will be up and running by 2 p.m. (3 hours before kickoff). The area includes fun for all ages with inflatables for the kids, the Army ROTC Rockwall, glitteroo tattoos and the ESPN Street Team which gives fans the opportunity to play games, win prizes and register to win tickets for area events. There are displays by Courtyard Marriott, Residence Inn, Ford and Hyundai/Acura. Fans will also be able to a live broadcast of the ESPN pregame show.
4. The Owl Walk is at 2:30 p.m. A new look to an established tradition, the Owl Walk is the fans’ chance to greet the FAU Owls as they arrive to FAU stadium and enter the gates. Join the FAU cheerleaders and band in welcoming the Owls!
5. Courtesy shuttles will run continuously from the two parking garages to the stadium beginning at 3 p.m. until 1 hour after the conclusion of the game.
6. General Public gates open at 3:30 p.m. (90 minutes prior to kickoff) at which time in-stadium entertainment including music and videos begin.
7. We are having a lu-OWL in The Cove at FAU Stadium. The Cove is a unique area at FAU Stadium (located at Gate 3 near the student section) that combines two of the South Florida area’s loves: the beach and football! Join FAU football game day host Andrea Ocampo-Haley as she brings a little taste of the traditional Hawaiian party to FAU football with giveaways, contests and fun for everyone throughout the game.
8. The official game sponsor is ADT. In conjunction with the gameday sponsor ADT, FAU will be honoring first responders, whom with bravery and unselfishness serve the community and keep us safe every day. FAU is offering a $5 ticket to first responders and their guests and those in attendance will be recognized.
9. In celebration of Parent and Family Weekend (Oct. 11-13) at FAU, families will be able to take advantage of a special FAMILY FUN PACK that not only provides entertainment but dinner as well. Families of three or more can purchase $15 tickets that provide admission to the game, plus a hot dog and soft drink. There also are plenty of activities geared toward families including inflatables, a balloon artist and face-painters.
10. There will be chances to win prizes with in-game promotions throughout the game, especially if you follow FAU Athletics on Twitter @FAUOwlAthletics.
11. National Anthem singing group/Tunnel group
12. Universal tickets giveaway
13. Let’s SAAC Hunger! The Florida Atlantic University Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is spearheading a food drive to collect non-perishable food items for Boca Helping Hands in conjunction with Conference USA’s LET’S SAAC HUNGER program, a conference-wide community service initiative. Those who donate a non-perishable food item at the FAU vs. Marshall football game will receive a Buy One, Get One Free voucher for any of the final three home football games.
Football Completes Final Practice Prior to...
10 Reasons Why YOU should attend the 2016...
2016 REDBLUE Spring Football Game, Saturday,...
Three Spring Practices Remain for FAU Football
Football Has a Non-Contact Thursday Practice/En...
Football Powers through Ninth Session of the...
Football Makes Gaines in Saturday's Practice