Oct. 2, 2011
FAU STADIUM FACTS AND FIGURES
General Stadium Specs
• Architect: Schenkel Schultz / HKS (West Palm Beach and Dallas, Texas)
• Construction Manager: Balfour Beaty / James A. Cummings
• Stadium Seating Contractor: Dant Clayton (Louisville, Kentucky)
• 30,000-seating capacity
• Total cost is $70 million.
• Features a tropical theme with 195 total palm trees within and surrounding the stadium.
• Only stadium in the United States that offers a view of the Atlantic Ocean.
• Mixed-use / multi-purpose facility can be used for campus activities, convocations and graduations, concerts, speakers and conventions as well as collegiate, national, and international sport activities.
• Consists of 144,470 square feet (591 feet by 698 feet); 91,179 square feet of total building area; and 277,940 square feet of total open space.
• Total height is 145 feet (six stories plus roof stair).
• 1,116 tons of structural steel used at the press tower and scoreboard; 1,800 tons of structural steel used for the bleach systems.
• 400 tons of aluminum bleacher.
• 9,000 cubic yards of concrete used in the building structures; 3,800 cubic yards of concrete used for hardscape; and 3,000 cubic yards of concrete used in the foundations.
• 2,000 International Series by Qualite - 20 percent more efficient than conventional outdoor sports lights.
• Total of 160 light fixtures clustered in eight different positions around the stadium; six stand-alone posts and two banks atop the press box tower.
• Stand-alone lights stand 130 feet above the field, two lights atop the press box tower stand 145 feet above the field.
• Meant to reflect light evenly across the field for maximum brightness for both spectators and television cameras.
• Each seat is "individualized," which ensures a seatback for every ticket holder.
• Total of 5,100 flip-up chairs located in the Delray Hyundai Priority Club and the Delray Acura Premier Club sections.
• Remaining seats will have individual plastic buckets attached to an aluminum bleacher with plastic back supports attached to the bleacher back; each of these seats are 19- to 20-inches wide.
• On the east side of the stadium an FAU logo is designed into the seats using the FAU colors of red, white and blue.
• Total of 301 ADA seats.
• Daktronics 50-foot-tall-by-30-foot-wide video board can show live video, replays, statistics, commercials and animations.
• Approximate weight: 18,000 pounds.
• Third largest on-campus college video board in the state. 47 percent larger than FIU's video board and twice the size of UCF's video board.
• Video can be shown on all 1,500 square feet of the display screen.
• Total of 1.8 million LEDs that are spaced 15 millimeters apart to provide a near high definition resolution of 600 x 1008.
• A near 160-degree viewing angle.
• There will be live feeds from three separate cameras that will feed into the video board.
• Video board will show real-time game statistics and out-of-town scores.
• There also will be a smaller, more traditional scoreboard behind the south end zone.
• Two suite levels consisting of 24 total luxury suites.
• One VIP Party Suite with seating for up to 90 guests.
• The 5,000-square-foot, 1,082-seat, air conditioned Delray Acura Premier Club level that includes a private lounging area as well as 136 loge box seats which can be utilized for award banquets or VIP functions.
• The 3,920-seat Delray Hyundai Priority Club level will have a covered 16,000-square-foot Tiki Bar area.
• 12 women's restrooms with 300 total stalls
• 11 men's restrooms with 61 stalls and 100 urinals.
• Four complete locker rooms for teams with upward of 75 members.
• A 5,000-square-foot promoter /merchandise room.
• A 4,220-square-foot football recruiting room that also may serve as a VIP room.
• A 1,000-square-foot interview room that holds up to 40 + people and is connected up to the press box radio booths.
• Two complete locker rooms for game officials.
• 11 different concession stands as well as additional product kiosks. These are located on the main concourse with 46 different points of sale. Four points of sale on the second floor within the Delray Hyundai Priority Club level deck and three points of sale on the Delray Acura Premier Club level.
• A covered 16,000-square-foot outdoor area that can be accessed by suite, loge box, Delray Hyundai Priority Club and Delray Acura Premier Club seat holders.
• Several press rooms that are designed for radio and television broadcast. Surface & Field
• The playing surface consists of a first cut Celebration Bermuda Turf Grass, a tough and durable surface with a strong root system cut to a length of 5/8 of an inch.
• The FAU playing field is the only natural grass field within the Sun Belt Conference.
• The herring bone designed irrigation system is comprised of about 6,700 feet of irrigation pipe able to supply 100,000 gallons of water (8-9 inches) per hour to the playing field.
• Sub base consists of a layer of 6-inch USGA approved top soil on top of 4 inches of course sand.
• Irrigation system can send as much as 120 gallons per minute of re-claimed water onto the field.
• The playing field will be crowned at 7.5 inches from the sidelines to the center of the field.
• International FIFA sized soccer field measuring 120 yards by 75 yards.
• Removable hinged goal posts making it ideal for soccer conversions.
Inside The Owls' Burrow, Featuring Charlie...
Inside the Owls' Burrow, featuring WRs Coach...
Game Week #7, Florida Atlantic at Marshall
Monday Morning with Head Coach Charlie Partridge
Ristic and Hendrickson Honored with FAU Player ...
Owls Fall to Charlotte on Final Play
FAU Athletics Update for Sunday, Oct. 9