BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University football team took to the field Friday morning for their last day of preseason camp to be held on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields before they begin classes and game prep, starting Monday.
Head Coach Lane Kiffin
Following Friday’s Practice
“A little lighter practice today. We are trying to get some of these legs back for tomorrow so that we can get a good eval. But we still have to do some work like a normal Friday. Just getting guys used to practicing in helmets. We still have a lot of work to do. It doesn’t change how we practice. So, I thought guys did a good job today.”
- Three returning quarterbacks saw action under center during 7-on-7 and team drills
- Leighton McCarthy recorded a sack
- “Motor” Devin Singletary moved the ball five yards in the red zone
- DeAndre Johnson connected with James Brunson to score from 10 yards out and then used his legs to do the same
- Jason Driskel found Willie Wright in the back of the end zone and then the Owls began work on the two-minute drill where Kain Daub recorded a sack
- Johnson hit Kamrin Solomon to move the chains and then kept the ball for more yardage
- Chris Tooley recorded an INT off a tipped pass
- Driskel found Jordan Merrell for 10-plus yards
- Anthony Bennett recorded a sack
To Purchase Football Game Tickets
FAU will open its 2017 season at home when the Owls play host to Navy on Friday, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. in FAU Stadium. For season tickets, call 1-866-FAU-Owls. All games will be carried by ESPN West Palm 106.3 and also can be heard on the ESPN App.
The Owls will host “media day” on Sunday and will begin classes on Monday. They will be back on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 21. Practice is closed to the general public.