BOCA RATON, Fla. - FAU Football Works and then Worked Again BOCA RATON, Fla. - (Aug. 17, 2017) – The Florida Atlantic University football team put in a full day’s work on the FAU Tom Oxley Practice Fields and then joined their fellow FAU student-athletes at three different dorms on the Boca Raton Campus to assist with “Freshmen Move in Day.”
Head Coach Lane Kiffin
Following Thursday’s Practice
“Good stuff today. Guys came out, practiced pretty hard. Again we have got to learn situations and master situations. We are putting ourselves in some tough offensive scenarios there, in game situations. (We) took a couple of sacks that would have ended the game. Obviously, some things to learn from…We’ll go a little lighter tomorrow. Saturday will be a big evaluation for us. Continue to get more game ready after Saturday.”
- Henry Bussey III made a nice catch of a tipped DeAndre Johnson pass during the two-minute drill
- Nate Terry added a sliding catch from Daniel Parr and then adjusted to catch another, this time from Johnson, in the end zone
- Newcomer Jeremiah Taleni hurried a Jason Driskel pass and Leighton McCarthy recorded a sack versus Parr
- Parr recovered with a quick slant pass to LaDante Harris
- Rashad Smith was credited with breaking up a Driskel pass during 7-on-7 and receiver Bobby Mitchell capped off the session by hauling in a fade pattern pass in the end zone from Parr
- Raekwon Williams had a diving interception, as did James Pierre, as his slipped through the FAU receiver’s hands
- Chris Tooley just missed an interception but snagged an INT the very next play
To Purchase Tickets
FAU will open its 2017 season at home when the Owls play host to Navy on Friday, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. in FAU Stadium. For season tickets, call 1-866-FAU-Owls. All games will be carried by ESPN West Palm 106.3 and also can be heard on the ESPN App.
The Owls will be back on the field at 8:50 a.m. Friday, Aug. 18 on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields. Practice is closed to the general public.