BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University football team battled through another hot and cloudless South Florida day on Wednesday. Both sides of the ball continue to show progress as each practice becomes more and more competitive with players vying for a starting spot.
Head Coach Lane Kiffin
Following Wednesday’s Practice
“I thought (it was) one of the better practices. We did a better job taking care of the ball. Bad turnover there coming out, but good job by the defense in switching the momentum of the drill. Better job with the snaps today. As always, a lot of work to do. Keep pushing and we gotta start figuring out who is going to play here by the end of Saturday.”
- In 7-on-7, Daniel Parr found James Brunson on a slant into the end zone
- Though James Pierre knocked down one pass attempt, Parr was good on the next, connecting with John Raine for a score
- Two running backs each found success in the early going of full drills: a dump off to “Motor” Devin Singletary went for a big gain, and “Buddy” Gregory Howell, Jr., raced up the middle untouched and into the secondary
- When the offense found themselves in their own end zone, defensive lineman Hunter Snyder batted down a pass at the line of scrimmage
- Jason Driskel hooked up with DeAndre McNeal in double coverage to move the sticks
- Safety Jalen Young recovered a fumble, and Haiden Nagel notched a sack in the end zone for a safety
- Driskel later threaded the needle to LaDante Harris for first-down yardage over the middle
To Purchase Tickets
FAU will open its 2017 season at home when the Owls play host to Navy on Friday, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. in FAU Stadium. For season tickets, call 1-866-FAU-Owls. All games will be carried by ESPN West Palm 106.3 and also can be heard on the ESPN App.
The Owls will be back on the field at 8:50 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 17 on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields. Practice is closed to the general public.