BOCA RATON, Fla. - The excitement has turned to grind as the Florida Atlantic University football team complete practice No. 17 under a bright blue sky and humidity in the high 50’s. The Owls continued to hone their skills, battle through fatigue and compete, with the 2017 season and home opener versus Navy just 16 days away.
Head Coach Lane Kiffin
Following Tuesday’s Practice
“Today was kind of similar to yesterday. There were some good things. Some good situational work, again too many turnovers. Now we are back to having snap issues, which I thought we had kind of eliminated. We have to get that corrected. Working on that right now out there to get it fixed. We are just pushing through at this time of year where practices start to run together a little bit. We are looking for the special guys that come out and compete every day and want to battle. It is easy the first couple of days, but where are you now?”
- Jason Driskel hit Henry Bussey III for a 20-yard gain and later found “Pico” Tavaris Harrison
- James Pierre was credited with a pass breakup in the end zone
- “Motor” Devin Singletary followed with a 12-yard gain and score
- With the offense moving out of its territory, defensive end Hunter Snyder batted down a pass attempt
- Linebacker Rashad Smith leapt in the air to haul in an interception and safety Quran Hafiz broke up a pass on third-and-seven
- Freshman running back Tyrek Tisdale had a 15-plus-yard run
- The team drills ended with Driskel finding freshman receiver Willie Wright in the end zone
To Purchase Tickets
FAU will open its 2017 season at home when the Owls play host to Navy on Friday, Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. in FAU Stadium. For season tickets, call 1-866-FAU-Owls. All games will be carried by ESPN West Palm 106.3 and also can be heard on the ESPN App.
The Owls will be back on the field at 8:50 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 16 on the Tom Oxley Practice Fields. Practice is closed to the general public.