BOCA RATON, Fla. - Seven of the 15 NCAA allowable spring practices are complete, with Florida Atlantic University's football team gearing up for this Saturday's noon practice at Broward County's Carter Park and the 2017 Spring Game set for April 22nd, which will be held in FAU Stadium at 4 p.m.
- Team 3rd down segment saw redshirt junior quarterback Jason Driskel find sophomore receiver John Mitchell on the first play of the session. Senior running back "Buddy" Gregory Howell, Jr. also moved the chains and the defense was credited with a sack
- Redshirt sophomore quarterback De'Andre Johnson used his legs to move the chains while also finding receivers Bobby Mitchell, a redshirt junior, and James Brunson, a redshirt sophomore, for chain movers. J'Quan Napier, a redshirt sophomore that is using the spring to move from receiver to defensive back, broke up a pass 15 yards down the sideline
- Sophomore running back "Motor" Devin Singletary made his way down the sideline for a big gain and redshirt sophomore back Kerrith Whyte had a 20-yard gain
- Rotating through once more, Driskel hit senior receivers Henry Bussey III and Kamrin Solomon with 40- and 15-yard strikes, respectively. He later found receivers Bobby Mitchell and redshirt sophomore "Pico" Tavaris Harrison, as well as sophomore tight ends Harrison Bryant and John Raine downfield
- Johnson went back to work to find Harrison and to help the run game with his legs as well as dishing it off to Singletary, senior Marcus Clark and redshirt freshman James Charles
- The defense continued to apply pressure and was credited with their second sack of the session
Head Coach Lane Kiffin
"The defense really did well today. We got on them a lot Saturday after watching the tape...coaches did a really good job of getting them ready to play today and to come out with really good energy. They kinda got after the offense, which is good to see. I want it to go back and forth - I don't want one side to dominate every day."
FAU will hold its April 8 practice, this upcoming Saturday, at Carter Park in Broward County. Gates will open at noon. The day is free and open to the public. The 2017 Spring Game is scheduled for 4 p.m., Saturday, April 22 at FAU Stadium. The game and events are free and open to the public. For more event details as the time approaches visit www.fausports.com. For 2017 season tickets call 1-866-FAU-Owls.