The Florida Atlantic University football team (1-7, 0-4 C-USA) suffered a 52-3 Conference USA loss at the hands of WKU (6-3, 4-1 C-USA) on Homecoming Saturday at FAU Stadium.
- Nine Owls recorded receptions on the day
- Linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair led FAU with nine tackles, including 1.5 for a loss
- Trey Hendrickson, William Davis and Hunter Snyder each recorded sacks, tying the FAU season high of three in a game
- Dalton Schomp set an FAU record with a466 total punt yards on a career-high ten punts
- WKU struck just 48 seconds into the contest on a 76-yard pass from Mike White to Nicholas Norris
- A muffed punt set the Owls up on the WKU nine with 29 seconds to play in the opening half. Greg Joseph put FAU on the board with six seconds remaining with a 23-yard field goal, his seventh field goal of the year
- The Owls ground attack included eight ball carriers. Nine Owls recorded a reception
FAU Head Coach Charlie Partridge
“Obviously a disappointing loss this afternoon. That was a heck of a team. I have to give a lot of credit to Western Kentucky and what they have done. You can see the experience, the age, the development of those guys who have been in their program for this amount of time.”
FAU will travel to Houston, Texas to take on Rice on Saturday, Nov. 5 at 3:30 p.m. The contest will be aired on ESPN3. FAU’s next home game comes on Nov. 12 as FAU hosts UTEP. For tickets, call 1-866-FAU-OWLS or visit FAUSports.com.