March 25, 2007
Question from Exit 39
The updates to the Burrow, will it be a much better place to play?
Are there recruits your still looking at for next year?
Will the renovations help with recruiting better student-athletes to FAU?
Royster and Owens look like there going to be great players at FAU. 2007 is going to be a great year for FAU. With a PG for the first time in awhile in Nwoji, we should be able to control the game much better. Our defense should be improved too when Sammie gets on the court, is there any chance he could be on sooner than the second semester since he stopped playing for Mason in early November?
07' will be good but just thinking about the future in 08'? That's going to be the year with Los, Parmer, Nwoji, Sammie all being seniors and having played together for a year. And, the under classman getting another year under their belt? If Royster is as good as Los his sophmore year could you imagine both of them on the court at the same time? It would be sick. TOP 25!!!!!!!
Just hope you stay around for it. Don't want to be rude but coaches words don't seem to hold much weight, i.e. Saban, Tubby, Doherty, etc.... Don't take it the wrong way but itís hard to believe a coach these days when he says he's committed to a growing program.....
Response from Head Coach Rex Walters
1. The burrow should be a much better place to practice, work, and especially on game night.
2. We are always looking at players. In this business, you always need to be prepared.
3. The renovations will no doubt help with recruiting. Players (and they should) want to play and practice in the best places possible.
4. We are no doubt very excited about our incoming class as well as all of the red-shirts that will be available. We have also tried to talk with the NCAA regarding Sammy and when he will be available to play for us. I always prepare for worst case scenario, but will hope he will be available sooner as opposed to later.
5. All I am thinking about right now is to prepare our players for next year. Individual Workouts and Strength and Conditioning! The future is today. That is all I can think about.
6. I understand your statement about coaches. We have a lot of work to do to make you want to keep me around.
Thanks for all the interest in our Basketball Program. We all appreciate your enthusiasm!