BOCA RATON, Fla. - (Dec. 10, 2017) -- The Florida Atlantic University men's basketball team's dynamic offensive attack maintained its momentum, defeating Webber International 106-46 on Sunday. The 60-point margin of victory is the largest in program history.
FAU got out of the gates quickly, building a 32-8 lead less than eight minutes into the game. The Warriors (3-5) never got closer than 20 and the Owls had a 17-5 run late in the first half, taking a 65-27 lead into the locker room.
The Owls kept their foot on the gas to start the second half, using a 31-6 run out of the break to increase the margin to 54, 85-31, at the 14:05 mark, and won the game going away.
- The previous record for largest margin of victory was 51, set in a 105-54 win over Nova Southeastern on Jan. 22, 1991.
- FAU broke the century mark for the first time since a 106-88 win over FIU on Jan. 30, 2010. It's also the first time in school history that the Owls have scored 90 or more points in four straight games.
- At 6-3, the Owls are off to their best start at the Division I level.
- FAU also got it done on the defensive end, holding the Warriors to just 26.6 percent from the floor.
- Gerdarius Troutman led all scorers with 20 points and added three assists.
- Justin Massey continued his offensive outburst, coming off the bench for 16 points.
- Ronald Delph tallied 13 points and 11 rebounds for his third double-double of the season.
- William Pfister scored a career-high 12 points, and Amir Smith added 10, giving FAU five double-digit scorers for the third straight game.
FAU Head Coach Michael Curry
On his team's offense during the streak...
"Our point guard play has been really good. (Our point guards) have been really engaged in understanding that they're going to have a lot of opportunities (to score) throughout the game, but they have to get their shooters and scorers opportunities (to score). "
FAU hosts Arkansas State on Saturday, Dec. 16. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. and it will be Holiday Toy Night and all fans who bring in a non-perishable canned food item will receive $5 admission and a Holiday toy while supplies last. Live video and live stats will be available at fausports.com. Live audio will be available on ESPN 106.3 FM. In game updates will also be available at twitter.com/FAU_Hoops. For tickets, call the FAU Ticket Office at 1-866-FAU-OWLS.