BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University men’s basketball team opened its 2017-18 home schedule in impressive fashion, defeating Edward Waters 91-59 on Thursday afternoon. It was the home opener for the Owls and they evened their record at 1-1 on the season.
FAU scored the first 10 points of the contest and allowed never looked back, stretching its lead to 34, 57-23, at the half on the strength of 60.5 percent shooting from the floor. The margin increased to as many as 42 in the second half, with the Owls clearly dominating action despite some occasional sloppy play on the offensive end.
- Gerdarius Troutman led all scorers with 23 points, tied his career high with six rebounds and nabbed a career best four steals.
- Jailyn Ingram scored 18 points to go along with four rebounds and two assists.
- Anthony Adger posted 15 points and a game high five assists.
- Ronald Delph tallied just six points, but grabbed a career high 14 rebounds and a pair of blocks.
- The Owls nearly doubled up the Tigers on the boards, pulling down 46 rebounds compared to 26.
The Owls travel to Estero, Florida for the Gulf Coast Showcase on Nov. 20-22. The first game will be against Towson on Monday, Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m. Links to live video of all three games will be available at fausports.com. Live audio will be available on ESPN 106.3 FM.
- FAU -