BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University men's basketball team defeated Lynn University 68-53 in an exhibition game on Saturday.
The Turning Point
After Lynn's Randy Bell hit three straight three-pointers to put the Fighting Knights up 51-50 with seven and a half minutes left in the game, the Owls closed on an 18-2 run to earn the victory.
- Ronald Delph led all scorers with 18 points and tied for the game high with seven rebounds.
- William Pfister and Jailyn Ingram also had seven rebounds for the Owls.
- Amir Smith came off the bench to score 10 points and grab six rebounds.
- Payton Hulsey had six rebounds, four steals and four assists.
- After shooting just 34 percent as a team in the first half, the Owls shot 55.6 percent for the field after the break.
The Owls will officially kick off their 2017-18 regular season when they travel to Tampa to play in-state rival USF on Friday, Nov. 10 at 8 p.m. The game will air on ESPN3.com and live audio will be available on ESPN 106.3 FM.