BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Florida Atlantic University track and field team hopes the third time is a charm, as the squad head south for their third competition at the University of Miami in this 2018 outdoor season, this Saturday for the UM Hurricane Collegiate Invitational.
The one-day event at Cobb Stadium in Coral Gables will feature live results (http://results.deltatiming.com/tf/2018-hurricane-collegiate-invite), and from 12:30 to 4 p.m. Saturday, events will be shown live on ACC Network Extra (http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3334381/hurricane-collegiate-invitational) as well.
Owl men and women will head to Coral Gables, and will compete by event as follows:
- 100 meters – Jada James, Crystal McDougle
- 200 meters – Ana Holland, James, Sherline Valentin
- 400 meters – Roshelle Francois, Holland, Valentin, Searra Woods
- 800 meters – Brooke Butterfield, Carydaliz Fontanez, Angelique Francois, Megan Giovanniello, Christina Humphries
- 1,500 meters – Sophia Clark, Morgan Graff, Bethany Hardcastle, Erica Lersch, Kelsey Meltzer, Christina Schultz, Jasmine Van Tine, Liz Wellman
- 3,000 meters – Clark, Giovanniello, Schultz
- 100 meter hurdles – McDougle, Alessa Sandusky, Cassidy Smith
- 400 meter hurdles – Sandusky, Smith, Anne-Catherine Wasser
- Long jump – Esther Mitchell
- Triple jump – Mitchell
- 4x400 meter relay teams
- Men’s 800 meters – Hermano Cherilus
- Men’s 3,000 meters – Sean Barone, John Marting, Nolan Meuret, Cristian Moreno, Jonathan Werble
This is the next-to-last tuneup for FAU before postseason competition. They will take next weekend off, travel to Jacksonville for the April 27 North Florida Invitational, and then head to Houston for the Conference USA Outdoor Championship from May 10-13.