March 31, 2013
JACKSONVILLE, FL - Florida Atlantic University continued outdoor track season at the University of North Florida's Osprey Invite. Sophomore Michael Vidal took a second-place finish in the 800 meter and set a new school record to highlight the meet.
Vidal finished the 800 in 1:52.30, only 0.40 of a second after the first-place finish. Florida Atlantic took four more top-three finishes. Chloe Sell and Danielle Aromashodu finished in second in the 5k (18:06.90)and 400 meter hurdles (59.87), respectively.
Freshman Ronja Siekmann took third-place in the women's javelin event with 36.89m. To round out the top-three finishers, FAU's 4x400m relay tteam finished in second-place and set the third best time in school history. The team consists of Danielle Aromashodu, Tanisha Coppin, Annalisa Myers, and Valerie Dixon.
Seven student-athletes set new personal records at UNF's Invitational:
- Katey CoDyer, 3k steeplechase, (4th, 12:12)
- Ryan Davis, 5k, (5th, 15:28)
- Colleen Mcauliffe, 5k, (16th, 19:39)
- Hunter Wampler, 5k, (18th, 16:21)
- Hannah Neustadt, 1500m, (21st, 5:10)
- Tia-Rose Raymond, 1500m, (22nd, 5:12)
- Kia Heller-Spencer, 5k, (26th, 20:26)
Florida Atlantic will travel to Gainesville, Florida on Friday, April 5 for the University of Florida's two-day Florida Relays.