March 24, 2013
CORAL GABLES, FL - The Florida Atlantic University track team competed in the University of Miami's second invitational of outdoor track season on Saturday. The team took 14 top-three finishes at the meet, including first-place finishes by Ronja Siekmann, Tanisha Coppin, and Michael Vidal.
Siekmann took first-place in the women's javelin throw with a final 37.22 m. The freshman beat the second-place finisher by over six meters.
Coppin finished in first for the 800 meter (2:19.88). She was followed by teammate Valerie Dixon who took second-place.
Sophomore Vidal competed in the 1500 meter run finishing in first-place with a final time of 3:55.09. Florida Atlantic took the second and third-place finish for the event as well with Sean Herring (4:03.98) and Eric Kessler (4:07.78).
The following student-athletes also took top-three finishes at the meet:
- Madison Hovell, pole vault, (3rd, 2.95m)
- Ashley Stewart, high jump, (2nd, 1.50m)
- Demetria Brown, triple jump, (2nd, 10.82m)
- Katey CoDyre, 3000 meter, (2nd, 11:10.83)
- Danielle Aromashodu, 400 meter hurdles, (2nd, 1:00.01)
- Ryan Davis, 3000 meter, (2nd, 9:08.90)
Florida Atlantic will continue outdoor track season on Friday, March 29 at the two-day UNF Invitational in Jacksonville, Florida.