BOSTON, Mass. –Crystal McDougle’s personal bests in both the 60-meter hurdles and 60-meter dash were the high points of the Florida Atlantic University track team’s day at the BU Bruce Lehane Scarlet and White Invitational.
- McDougle’s time of 7.82 in the 60-meter dash was good for sixth place, and she finished eighth in the 60-meter hurdles in 8.93 seconds.
- A day after posting personal best times in the 60-meter dash, both Roshelle Francois (25.20) and Anne-Catherine Wasser (25.31) had personal bests in the 200 meters.
- Sherline Valentin’s time of 56.97 in the 400 meters was both a personal best and makes her one of the 10 fastest runners in school history in the event.
- Four Owls, Mikaela Jonsson (2:13.94), Erica Lersch (2:16.55), Megan Giovanniello (2:18.00) and Carydaliz Fontanez (2:18.69) had personal records in the 800 meters. All four are among the 15 fastest athletes in school history in the event.
- Bethany Hardcastle’s 10:22.49 time in the 3,000 meters puts her among the program’s fastest athletes in the event.
- Sophia Clark (10:41.93) and Morgan Graff (11:15.70) recorded personal bests in the 3,000 meters.
- In a time of 17:48.34, Christina Schultz enters the program’s all-time top 10 in the 5,000 meters.
The Owls will take some time off before competing in the Conference USA Indoor Championships, Feb. 17 and 18 in Birmingham, Ala.