CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - (Feb. 2, 2018) –The Florida Atlantic University track and field team had several athletes post personal bests at the Harvard Crimson Elite on Friday night.
- In the mile, Mikaela Jonsson finished second in a time of 5:04.69. It was also her second best time ever in the event.
- Erica Lersch finished fourth in the same race, with a personal record time of 5:06.78. The mark makes her one of the 10 fastest FAU runners ever in the event.
- Bethany Hardcastle’s time of 5:12.13 was good for seventh place.
- Megan Giovanniello’s finished 10th in a personal record time of 5:16.45, giving FAU four runners in the top-10.
- Carydaliz Fontanez crossed the finish line of the mile run in 5:19.80, which were a personal best for her.
- Chloe Jenkins tied for seventh place in the high jump, clearing a height of 5’1.
- Alessa Sandusky posted a career best time of 9.39 in the 60-meter hurdles.
- A pair of Owls, Roshelle Francois (7.92) and Anne-Catherine Wasser (7.97) crossed the finish line in personal best times in the 60-meter dash.
The Owls will have athletes competing in the BU Bruce Lehane Scarlet and White Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 3.