Jan. 28, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University track team returned to Gainesville over the weekend to compete in the Jimmy Carnes Invitational. The Owls performance was highlighted by eleven athletes breaking into FAU's all-time top-10 and twenty personal records were set throughout the meet.
Freshman Ronja Siekmann has quickly proven herself, breaking into FAU’s all-time top-10 in two events on Saturday. Siekmann is now third all-time in the long jump record with 5.49m and fourth all-time in the 55 meter hurdle with a final time of 08.13. Jessica Jetmore is quickly approaching the top record, now sitting in second all-time in the pole vault with 3.25m.
The following athletes also broke into FAU's all-time top-10 at the Jimmy Carnes Invitational:
- Chloe Sell- 5000 meters (5th, 18:29.50)
- Tatiana David - 55 meter hurdles (5th, 8.18)
- Ashley Stewart - high jump (4th, 1:56m)
- Joelle Etienne- triple jump (4th, 11.37m)
- Demetria Brown - triple jump (5th, 11.30m)
- Tanisha Coppin, Annalisa Myers, Valerie Dixon, Ronja Siekmann - 4x400 meter relay (8th, 3:55.47)
FAU leaves Florida for the first time this season for the Akron Invitational in Ohio on February 1-2. The Owls then come in Boston on February 8 at the BU Valentine Invitational.