Jan. 18, 2013
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University track team opened its 2013 season on Thursday competing against 15 teams at the Gator Invitational hosted by University of Florida.
The Owls posted a great performance with several athletes breaking into FAU's all-time top-10 and several set personal records. Ronja Siekmann ran a 8.13 in the 55-meter hurdle, which is No.4 all-time at FAU. Jessica Jetmore is now third all-time in the pole vault record with 3.15m and Joelle Etiennemoved to 4th all-time in the long jump with a jump of 5.40m.
The following athletes also broke into FAU's all-time top-10 at the Gator Invitational:
- Anna-Lisa Myers - 400 meters (10th, 58.53)
- Lauren Walton - 55 meter hurdles (6th, 8.28)
- Tatiana David - 55 meter hurdles (7th, 8.30) & high jump (6th, 1.51m)
- Ashley Stewart - high jump (6th, 1.51m)
- Demetria Brown - triple jump (5th, 11.15m)
- Tanisha Coppin, Annalisa Myers, Valerie Dixon, Ronja Siekmann - 4x400 meter relay (8th, 3:55.65)
FAU will be traveling back to Gainesville for the Jimmy Carnes Invitational on January 26 before heading up north for the Akron Invitational in Ohio on February 1-2.
Cross Country Races against Tough Field in NCAA...
Cross Country Competes at Conference
Cross Country to Race in Conference USA XC...
FAU Athletics Bands Together at the 22nd Annual...
Cross Country Turns Eye to Postseason after...
Cross Country Wraps Up Regular Season on Friday
Cross Country Wraps up Meet in Tallahassee