Boca Raton, Fla. -
Florida Atlantic University women’s swimming and diving is suiting up for the 2017 Conference USA (C-USA) Swimming and Diving Championships being held this week, Feb. 22-25, at the Georgia Tech Aquatic Center in Atlanta.
The women will go up against FIU, Marshall, North Texas, Old Dominion and Rice. During the regular season, the team faced both FIU and ODU but will get their first look at the other three challengers at the championship.
The meet will commence with the 200-yard medley relay and 800-yard freestyle relay on Wednesday night. The preliminary events then begin on Thursday, Feb. 23, and will be held that morning and the following two days at 10:30 a.m. Finals will take place each day at 6 p.m. except on the first day of competition when they start at 4:30 p.m. To view the complete meet schedule, please visit http://conferenceusa.com/tournaments/?id=354.
The finals will be aired live on ESPN3 each night. Listed below are the links for each individual session. Live results also will be available HERE. In addition, fans can follow the Owls on Twitter and Instagram (fauswimdive) for updates throughout the meet.
Owls to Watch:
- Freshman Victoria Moretti joined the Owls in the spring and immediately made an impact, which she will look to carry over into the championship diving events. She is currently the top seed in the 3-meter (332.40) and third in the 1-meter (290.02). Moretti also will join Lauren Beyer on the platform.
- In her final meet as an Owl, Hannah Roper will swim her signature events: the 100- and 200-yard breaststroke. The senior is ninth in the conference in the both events (100 breast-1:04.30; 200 breast-2:19.70). She will also compete in the 200-yard IM where she holds the 20th best time in C-USA (2:08.16). Lydia Musleh will join her in that event as she is ranked 18th (2:07.89) in the league.
- Kyleigh Firman will take part in the 100- and 200-yard butterfly as she is tops in both events for FAU with times of 57.29 and 2:08.19.
- Freshman Sharon Kok, who has swam a multitude of events this season, will focus a lot of her effort on the 200- and 500-yard freestyle in which she has seen four and three wins this year, respectively. She has a top time of 1:54.28 in the 200 and a 5:10.38 in the 500.
- Julia Alberti and Danielle Zacharias will be two of FAU’s competitors in the 1650-yard freestyle with seed times of 17:27.50 and 17:46.65, respectively. In addition, Alberti will swim the 500 free as she has FAU’s best time (5:05.02).
- Melanie Doan will be one of the Owls’ representatives in the 50-yard freestyle where she holds FAU’s top time (24.48). She is also tops for the team in the 100-yard freestyle with a time of 52.92.
Live Stream Links (direct to each day’s finals):
Wednesday, Feb. 22, 4:30 p.m.: http://es.pn/2kQ3W92
Thursday, Feb. 23, 6 p.m.: http://es.pn/2kQ7KqW
Friday, Feb. 24, 6 p.m.: http://es.pn/2k4TFGy
Saturday, Feb. 25, 6 p.m.: http://es.pn/2lpWNca