Alan Forbes won the 200-yard breaststroke on Saturday
Oct. 21, 2012
MIAMI,FL - The Florida Atlantic men's and women's swimmers and divers picked up five wins amongst its 39 top-five individual finishes, including three by senior Eszter Bucz, in a tri-meet vs. FIU and Florida State.
Bucz won the 100-yard breaststroke (1:04.13), 200-yard breastroke (2:18.52) and 400-yard IM (4:21.59). Alan Forbes was first in the 200 breaststroke (2:06.89), while freshman Matthieu Burtez was victorious in the 500-yard freestyle (4:39.45).
Burtez lost out in the 200-yard freestyle by 13-hundredths of a second (1:42.31 to the winning 1:42.18). Kovacs finished second in both the 200-yard butterfly (2:04.11) and in the 1000-yard freestyle (10:20.87), while Lefanowicz was runner-up in the 200-yard backstroke (2:04.14). Nilsson was just ahead of teammate Agnes Bucz in the 100-yard butterfly, but less than a second behind the winner (56.78 to Nilsson's 57.42 to Bucz's 58.05). Finally, Williams was runner-up in the 50-yard freestyle (21.22).
Three relay teams also finished second: the women's 200 medley (Lefanowicz, E.Bucz, Nilsson, A.Bucz - 1:47.26), the men's 200 medley (Jacob Ross Gunn, Forbes, Torbjorn Persson, Williams - 1:35.85) and the men's 200 freestyle (Burtez, Williams, John Walsh, Persson - 1:23.96).
Here is the remainder of the FAU top-five individuals:
- Tyler Aycock, 3-meter diving (4th, 282.50)
- A.Bucz, 100-yard butterfly (3rd, 58.05)
- Burtez, 100-yard freestyle (3rd, 46.27)
- Gregory Cox, 1-meter diving (4th, 310.64) & 3-meter diving (5th, 279.85)
- Forbes, 100-yard breaststroke (4th, 59.27)
- Sidney Golliher, 400-yard IM (4th, 4:23.05)
- Gunn, 100-yard backstroke (4th, 54.38) & 200-yard backstroke (5th, 2:02.08)
- Kovacs, 500-yard freestyle (3rd, 5:03.19)
- Lefanowicz, 100-yard backstroke (4th, 57.98) & 400-yard IM (4th, 4:32.88)
- Nilsson, 50-yard freestyle (3rd, 24.56) & 200-yard freestyle (3rd, 1:53.94)
- Persson, 100-yard butterfly (4th, 52.97) & 50-yard freestyle (5th, 22.13)
- Alex Potter, 1000-yard freestyle (5th, 10:16.51)
- Shannon Potter, 3-meter diving (4th, 219.70) & 1-meter diving (5th, 209.80)
- McKenna Randall, 1-meter diving (5th, 175.05) & 3-meter diving (5th, 168.05)
- Jordan Rebecca Richardson, 100-yard butterfly (4th, 1:00.26)
- Luke Terrill, 1-meter diving (5th, 259.65)
- Walsh, 100-yard backstroke (5th, 57.82) & 100-yard butterfly (5th, 55.50)
- James Wesley, 200-yard butterfly (5th, 2:01.18) & 400-yard IM (5th, 4:23.50)
- Williams, 100-yard freestyle (4th, 46.93)
Florida State won the men's portion of the meet, 208-80 over FAU. The women fell to both Florida State (181-114) and FIU (160-134). The next event on the schedule is a home competition with a scrimmage against Princeton, while also taking part in an alumni meet, on October 27. Following that, the teams split up to go to both Pittsburgh for the Pitt Invite, and Plantation, Fla., for the Winter Championships. Each are four-day events, November 15-18.
Swimming & Diving Finished Day Two of C-USA...
Swimming and Diving Set Two School Records on...
Men's Swimming & Diving finish Fifth in the...
Swimming & Diving had a record day on the Third...
Swimming & Diving in Fifth after Day Two of...
Men's Swimming and Diving Set Three Records on ...
FAU Diving team Competes at All Star Meet