BOCA RATON, Fla. - Florida Atlantic University’s men’s and women’s swim and dive teams opened the 2017-18 seasons just 50 miles down the road at Conference USA and in-state rival FIU, on Friday night.
The women’s team ended day one with 167 points with the seven team field leader tallying 270. On the men’s side, five teams were represented in the pool Friday night with the Owls recording 184 points, 70 shy of the event leader’s 254.
Teams competing include: Host FIU, Grand Canyon, Texas Christian, Buffalo, George Washington, Army and FAU.
Selected top finishes:
- Natalie Clausen finished 5th 200 yard freestyle, 1:54.22; Cole Wisecarver finished 5th in the same event with a time of 1:45.96, both scoring 14 points for the Owls
- In the 400 IM Calvin Lillo swam a time of 4:04.40 for 9 points
- Sean Arrington sway a 51.96 time in the 100 Butterfly for 5th place; Kelsey Witkey sway a 57.54 and added 12 points for the Owls
- In the 100 Breast Stroke, Phillip Crouch finished 5th with a time of 59.25 and Abby Marshall finished 5th in the women’s 100 Breast Stroke at 59.25, each added 14 points
- Relly Maguire swam a 54.83 for a 5th place finished in the 100 Back
- FAU’s dive teams were led by Miles Miller’s 222.85 effort in the 3 meter and Victoria Moretti’s 230.20 point day to add 14 and 15 points, respectively
The two teams will be back in the pool Saturday morning to complete the FIU Fall Classic.
For more information, please visit FAUsports.com and for tickets, call 1-866-FAU-Owls.