Sept. 30, 2012
GAINESVILLE, FL – On day two of the All-Florida Invitational, senior Eszter Bucz was runner-up in the 400-yard IM, topping 10 Owl top-10 finishers.
Bucz finished second in the race in a time of 4:20.66, earning the women’s squad 17 points. The women are still in fifth, with a team total of 280 points through two days.
Two men finished in the top five in their respective events. Freshman Matthieu Burtez placed fourth in the 200 yard freestyle (1:42.11), while senior Alan Forbes was fifth in the 100 yard breaststroke (58.68). The men also stay in the same position, third amongst teams, with 431 points.
One relay squad from each side earned a fifth-place finish. The men’s 200 yard medley relay (John Walsh, Forbes, Torbjorn Persson and Eric Williams, 1:35.42) and the women’s 800 yard freestyle (Frida Nilsson, Anett Kovacs, Michala Nowak and Agnes Bucz, 7:38.25) were the top relay groups Saturday.
Other top 10 finishers from day two:
- Rachel Crino, 8th, 100 yard backstroke, 1:00.52
- Nilsson, 9th, 100 yard butterfly (57.12)
- Williams, 9th, 100 yard butterfly (50.98)
- Kovacs, 9th, 200 yard freestyle (1:53.28)
- E. Bucz, 9th, 100 yard breaststroke (1:06.28)
- Hunter Swartsel, 100 yard backstroke (53.56)
- Forbes, 10th, 100 yard butterfly (51.54)
- Jacob Ross Gunn, 100 yard backstroke (53.61)