Eric Williams took first in two events against WKU and Nova
Jan. 14, 2013
BOCA RATON, Fla. - The Florida Atlantic University swimming and diving teams finished first in four events and were among the top-five in 31 events in Friday’s meet against Western Kentucky and Nova.
Eric Williamshit the pad first in the 50-yard freestyle (21.04) and the 100-yard freestyle (45.99). Williams’ time in the 100-yard freestyle was nearly two seconds faster than the second fastest swimmer (47.89).
Matthieu Burtez took the win for FAU in the 200-yard freestyle (1:41:57) and Anett Kovacsfinished first in the 500-yard freestyle (4:56.72), finishing more than five seconds faster than the second place swimmer. Kovacs missed first place in the 200-yard freestyle by 22-hundredths of a second (1:52.87 to the winning 1:52.65).
The Owls’ diving team took second place finishes in all four diving events. Shannon Potter finished the 3-meter dive with 249.38 and Morgan Wankling finished the 1-meter dive with 250.80. For the men, Luke Terrillcame in second in the 3-meter dive with 232.80 and Ryan McIntire finished the 1-meter dive with 258.55.
The remainder of the FAU top-five finishes are as follows:
• Abbey King, 1000-yard freestyle (4th, 10:30.72)
• Michala Nowak, 200-yard freestyle (5th, 1:55.80) & 100-yard freestyle (4th, 54.23)
• Frida Nilsson, 50-yard freestyle (3rd, 24.97) & 100-yard butterfly (2nd, 57.99)
• Iwona Lefanowicz, 200-yard IM (3rd, 2:09.79) & 100-yard backstroke (3rd, 58.56)
• Alan Forbes, 200-yard IM (4th, 1:57.91) & 100-yard breaststroke (2nd, 59.62)
• Matthieu Burtez, 100-yard butterfly (3rd, 51.90)
• Agnes Bucz, 100-yard freestyle (2nd, 53.00)
• Rachel Crino, 100-yard backstroke (5th, 59.79)
• John Walsh, 100-yard backstroke (5th, 55.35)
• Shannon Potter, 1-meter diving, (3rd, 244.05)
• Morgan Wankling, 3-meter diving, (3rd, 243.75)
• Luke Terrill, 1-meter diving, (3rd, 251.10)
• Ryan McIntire, 3-meter diving (3rd, 207.90)
• Anett Kovacs, Stephanie Moeller, Kelsey Hoffman, Abbey King, 200- yard freestyle relay (5th, 1:45.31) • Matthieu Burtez, John Walsh, Torbjorn Persson, Eric Williams, 200-yard freestyle relay (2nd, 1:24.11)
Western Kentucky’s men’s and women’s teams dominated the meet over FAU and Nova. The men fell to WKU (169-71) and their women’s team beat the Owls 150-87. The Owls will travel to Gainesville for a meet against University of Florida on January 19, at 1:00 p.m.
Swimming and Diving Competes at IRSC
Burtez and McIntire Sweep the CCSA Swimmer &...
Men's Swimming & Diving Hosted Texas A&M
Swimming & Diving Takes 16 First Place...
Top Finishes by Hodges, Burtez, Bucz, and...
FAU Swimming & Diving held an Alumni Meet
FAU Swimming & Diving Opened the Season at ...