Swimming & Diving Received Conference All-Academic Achievements
Men's Swimming & Diving finish Fifth in the CCSA Championships
Swartsel had the lone win among many LTBs set at the CCSA Championships
Every women’s team (11) averaged a 3.0 G.P.A. or higher
FAU Swimming & Diving defeats FIT
- Finished the 100 Back in 48.53 at the CCSA Championships, claiming first place overall and also set a new school record.
- Claimed first place in the 50 Back (24.71) at the FAU Fun Invite – ranked 5th in the CCSA.
- Finished second in the 100 Back (51.70) against Florida Tech – ranked 12th in the CCSA.
- In the FIU Sprint Invite, swam the 50 Fly in 24.64 and is ranked 15th in the CCSA.
- Claimed ninth place in the 100 Fly (49.45) and set a lifetime best time at the CCSA Championships.
- 2016 CCSA All-Academic Honoree.
- Part of the 200 medley relay team that broke the school record at the C-USA Championship exhibition meet (1:30.06).
- Took second in the 100 back at the conference exhibition meet with a personal best of 49.84.
- Set a lifetime best at conference in the 100 fly (50.61) and 50 back (26.67).
- Had a personal best time of 1:54.80 in the 200 back at the Georgia Tech Invitational.
- Claimed second in the 100 back (53.18) against Marywood and Old Dominion.
- Part of the 200 free relay team (1:26.51) that took second at the FIU Invite.
- Competed in the Conference USA Swimming and Diving Championship and placed seventh in the 100 back (50.53), the 100 butterfly (50.03), and placed in the top 16 in the 100 free (46.5).
- Holds school records for the 200 IM relay (1:30.19) and the 400 IM relay (3:19.67).
- Finished in third-place in the 200 yard medley relay (1:30.19) at the Conference USA Swimming and Diving Championship.
- Also competed in the 200 medley against Western Kentucky and Nova.
- Finished in the top-10 at the All-Florida Invitational for the 100 yard backstroke (53:56).
- Swam for coach Casey Claflin.
- Was four-time all-conference and holds seven school records.
- Made the honor roll.
- Was seventh at states in both the 100-yard backstroke and 100-yard freestyle.
- Exercise Science major.
- Son of Donna and Mark Swartsel.
- Born in Tampa.
- Hopes to make the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympic trials.
- Likes to longboard and fish.