FAU Swimming & Diving defeats FIT
Junior Matthieu Burtez set a new school record in the 50 free and the team set 31 lifetime bests
Seniors Rich Andrews, Joey Steele, Torbjorn Persson, Iwona Lefanowicz, Anett Kovacs and Frida Nilsson were recognized for their contributions to the team prior to the meet
Sophomore Hannah Roper tied for first place in the 100 breast and set a lifetime best time in the 400 IM
The women defeated both teams while the men split the day with a win over Marywood and a loss to ODU
- Set a career best time in the 500 free at the C-USA Championship (5:25.88)
- Had a career best 2:12.39 in the 200 fly versus Florida Tech
- Earned fourth in the 200 fly (2:12.65) and set a personal best in the 100 breast (1:12.92) at the 24th Annual Speedo Winter Championships
- Against FIU, set a lifetime best in the 400 IM (5:03.19)
- Named most improved player
- Swam for Head Coach Duffy Dillon at Cardinal Gibbons High School
- Won the coach's award in 2012
- Team captain for the 2012-13 season
- Recipient of the pre-calculus and calculus academic awards in 2012
- Criminal justice major
- Daughter of Salvador and Ruth Rodriguez
- Professional goal is to qualify for the Olympic and World trials
Swimming & Diving in Fifth heading into the...
Swimming & Diving Receives Conference All-Acade...
Swimming & Diving Finished Day Two of C-USA...
Swimming and Diving Set Two School Records on...
Men's Swimming & Diving finish Fifth in the...
Swimming & Diving had a record day on the Third...
Swimming & Diving in Fifth after Day Two of...