Swimming & Diving Received Conference All-Academic Achievements
Men's Swimming & Diving finish Fifth in the CCSA Championships
McIntire wins again as the Owls record nine LTBs
Swimming & Diving Finish Day One of CCSA Championships
The 2014-15 Swimming & Diving team recognized six seniors at the meet against IRSC on Jan. 31.
- Participated in every meet this season.
- At the Georgia Tech Invitational, he set a season best time in the 50 free (20.38) – second place ranking in the CCSA.
- Competed in the 100 free (45.10) at the GT Invite, giving him the third best time in the CCSA.
- In the Texas A&M meet, he placed 2nd overall in the 500 free (4:45.26) giving him the 24th best time in the CCSA.
- Set the school record in the 100 IM (53.07).
- A part of the 200 medley relay team who set the record with a time of 1:29.58.
- Finished third in the 50 Free at the CCSA Championships.
- Placed second in the 200 Free at the CCSA Championships.
- Claimed third in the 100 Free at the CCSA Championships (44.16).
- Honored as FAU's Male Student-Athlete of the Year at the 2016 Owlspy Awards.
- 2016 CCSA All-Academic Honoree.
- C-USA Academic Medalist.
- C-USA Commissioner’s Honor Roll.
- Had his best showing at the 2015 Conference USA Swimming and Diving Championship exhibition meet in February.
- Took first as part of the 800 free relay team that broke the school record with a time of 6:36.39.
- Claimed first in the 50 free (19.82) and broke the previous record during preliminaries with a time of 19.69.
- The 200 free relay team, which he was on, took first in 1:20.15 for a new school record…broke the school record and earned first in the 100 free (43.38) and took first in the 200 free (1:35.92) with a personal best time.
- Won the 400 free relay as part of a four-man team and set the FAU record in the 200 IM relay with a time of 1:30.0.
- For the season, the junior had 20 first place finishes, seven second place finishes, and four third place finishes.
- Set lifetime bests this year in the 50 free, 100 free, 200 free, 50 fly and 100 IM.
- Received FAU Outstanding Acadmic Achievement Award.
- Recorded second place finishes in the 50 free (19.87), 100 free (63.64), and 200 free (1:36.18) at the Conference USA Swimming and Diving Championship.
- Finished in 11th place in the 500 free (4:29.29) in the C-USA Championship.
- Tallied six top-five finishes over two days of competition in the Georgia Tech Invitational.
- Finished first in the 50 and 500 free in the meet against Indian River State College.
- Set the school record as part of the 800 free relay team (6:36.39) and holds individual school records in the 50 free and 100 free.
- Named to the C-USA Commissioner's Honor Roll and received the Commissioner's Academic Medal for holding a GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Named to both the Dean's List and President's List in Fall 2013.
- Set fourth best time of the season at the All-Florida Invitational in the 50 yard free (21.25).
- Recorded the team's top finish for the season in the 100 yard free (44.61), 200 yard free (1:38.15) and 500 yard free (4:31.50) for the season.
- Second best time of the season in the 1000 yard free (10:05.71).
- Finish in the 50 yard fly was the fourth best for FAU's season, fifth in 100 yard fly (51.90).
- Received a 4.0 GPA in the spring 2013 making the president's list and contributing to the team's CSCAA Scholar All-American Award.
- Business major.
- Son of Olivier and Dominique Burtez.
- Hopes to swim in the Rio De Janeiro Olympic games in 2016.
- Enjoys sports, having fun with friends, and going to the beach.