On Campus


Summer School Attendance at Another University

Many student-athletes often decide to enroll in courses at other universities to earn additional credits in the summer. If you decide to pursue this option, you need to complete the following steps:

  • Meet with your college advisor and academic counselor to decide which course(s) you plan to enroll in. You may need to get a copy of the course description from the university where you are taking the class.

  • Complete a "transient student form" on line. You can access this form at www.facts.org. Click on "transient form" at the lower left hand corner. Make sure to hit the "submit" icon once the form is completed.

  • You will receive emails after your college and the Registrar's Office completes the approvals. After the school that you wish to attend acknowledges the receipt of the transient form, you will need to complete the registration process at the other school. You may need to wait for their "non-degree" registration period to open. In order to guarantee that credits from other institutions will count toward your degree program, you must complete this pre-approval process described above, and the course must be applicable to your designated major. You should also keep in mind that the grade point average you earn at other institutions does not have any impact on your cumulative FAU grade point average that is used to determine NCAA eligibility. If you are taking courses abroad, you will be required to pay and have your courses evaluated by an outside agency.

C-USA Unbridled Ambition Learfield