Study Hall Hours of Operation
|Oxley Center Room 124|
|Sunday 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Monday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Tuesday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Wednesday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Thursday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
SACAE Study Hall
In order to provide a positive learning environment for new students and students who have not met specific academic standards, the Student-Athlete Center for Academic Excellence offers a study hall program that is available to students throughout the academic year. All freshmen student-athletes and students who have a history of academic difficulties (e.g., probation, behind on credits, etc.) are required to attend daily study hall. The purpose of study hall is designed to provide students with a comfortable, interactive learning environment that will promote a high level of academic achievement and development. If they utilize their study time in an effective manner, they will undoubtedly make positive strides toward attaining their academic goals.
1. Criteria for Study Hall will be determined by each Athletic Academic Counselor in collaboration with the Head Coach.
2. Students will be allowed to complete their study hall hours between Sunday and Friday of each week. Study hall hours will be designated by the Athletic Academic Counselor. Study hall is to be completed during the daytime hours. Special permission must be granted for a student-athlete to complete evening study hall. However, if students fail to comply with the appropriate study hall procedures, they will have their study hall time arranged by their academic counselor and head coach.
3. The following behaviors are acceptable during study hall hours:
4. The following behaviors are not acceptable during study hall hours:
5. Any students who fail to complete their required study hall hours or violate study hall policies will be subject to disciplinary action.
6. The FAU study hall system has been set up in a flexible manner to allow you to complete your study hall hours at times when you feel you can be most effective. You can complete your study hall responsibilities in the SACAE from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7-9pm on Sunday's and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m. on Fridays. In certain cases, you may be assigned specific study hall times.
7. Students are not permitted to log more than 4 hours in a row without the permission of their counselor.
8. In order to receive credit for your study hall hours, you must first log-in and check in with the monitor who is on duty. You are expected to be working productively on academic related work to successfully complete your study time. If a student fails to log-out, he or she will lose all the time earned for that session. If a student fails to comply with study hall policies, the student will be warned. Upon further disruption to the study hall facility the student will be signed out of study hall. A third warning will result in dismissal for the study hall facility and loss of earned study hall time/hours for that day.