FAU Opens the On-Campus Stadium Oct. 15, 2011
July 19, 2011
BOCA RATON, FL - The Florida Atlantic University athletics department has secured many named sponsorships for its new on-campus stadium. The University is offering naming rights for more than 30 venues in and around the stadium to help fund the $70 million project.
"The construction of the stadium presents a unique opportunity for donors to receive permanent recognition of their support," said FAU Athletics Director Craig Angelos. "I sincerely thank all of our naming sponsors for helping us achieve the dream of an on-campus stadium."
Some of the naming rights that have been secured include (Note, this does not include all named sponsorships.):
· Scoreboard: Schmidt Family Foundation
· Concourse East: The Head Family
· Concourse South: Dr. Steven and Liz Shapiro
· President's Suite: Eleanor Baldwin
· FAU Locker Room: Dr. Richard Staller
· Director of Athletics Suite: Frank Morphy
· Head Coach Suite: Constance and Robert McGee
· Broadcast Booth: Hoot/Wisdom Recordings in honor of Hank Stern
· Wall of Recognition: JM Family Enterprises, Inc.
· Recognition Plaque: Nancy Blosser
· Recognition Plaque: Barry and Bonnie Halperin
· Concession Area: Michael and Mindy Feldman
· West Ticket Booth: Marleen and Harold Forkas
· East Ticket Booth: Balistreri Realty, Joe and Jim Balistreri
· Lockers: Anthony and Maria Altieri, Anthony Altieri Jr., Ariana Altieri, Dr. Charles L. Brown, Brenda Coto, Justin Dirico (2), Tom Donaudy, Christopher Fluehr, Randy Goin Jr., Nancy Gulker, David Kian, Terry Mohajir, Susan and Don Peirce, Dr. James Riordan, Dr. and Mrs. Peter Sarbone, Jim and Leigh Slowiak, and Bob Stilley
"We truly appreciate the generosity of our naming sponsors and their commitment to the future of FAU Athletics," said FAU Head Football Coach Howard Schnellenberger. "We also are extremely grateful to the many other supporters who have contributed to the stadium fund by making donations and purchasing premium seating. Every contribution we receive really makes a difference."
The new stadium will feature 30,000 seats including 24 suites, 26 loge boxes, 1,000 premier club seats and 4,000 priority club seats, and the latest, state-of-the-art amenities. The FAU football team will play five games in the new stadium during the 2011 season. The Owls' first home game is scheduled for Saturday, October 15.
For more information about the FAU stadium, visit www.fausports.com. For sponsorship opportunities, call 561-297-0131.